We understand the need to protect our ground, but just as importantly we also acknowledge we need to protect yours.
- ensure we comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and any privacy code applying to us; and
- allow us to deal with enquiries and complaints about our compliance with the APPs and any applicable privacy code.
Personal information collection …
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth
), ‘personal information’ means “information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable”. The information/ opinion does not have to be recorded in writing or be true. We collect personal information from customers so that we can:
- provide online shopping services;
- make product recommendations;
- review, assess, and improve our products and services;
- research and develop new products;
- market our products and services;
- respond to any enquiries or complaints you may make;
- carry out social media marketing activities; and
- analyse and predict customer behaviour
We collect personal information directly from you when you:
- create an online shopping account; or
- upload images, fill in a form, questionnaire or survey on our website, or social media pages; or
- make a purchase from us or take advantage of one of our special offers.
We may collect:
- your name, age and email address;
- your billing and shipping address/es;
- your account log-in details (including password);
- information about your purchases (including sizes and colours ordered);
- images (of you or otherwise) that are uploaded to our Instagram Gallery, or another of our social media channels and electronic newsletters that we distribute;
- information about products you have placed on your account’s “wish list”; and
- your credit or debit card details when buying from us online.
Deleting or changing your information
If you would like to access, correct, amend, or delete any personal information we have about you please email us at email@example.com
For more information on privacy legislation please visit: www.oaic.gov.au
If we receive unsolicited personal information about you, which we would not have been entitled to collect under the APPs, we will destroy or de-identify that information if it is lawful and reasonable for us to do so.
Web pages on www.groundsmancoffee.com
may use ‘cookies’. These are small files that are placed on your hard disk for data-collection purposes. Like an IP address, a cookie helps a website remember who you are. Cookies can make your subsequent visits to a website more seamless. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, by not accepting cookies, some web pages may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information.
If you would like to register a complaint, or simply want more information please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org